Everything you need for the exam… and nothing else
A series of SAM Learning Activities to support teaching of the largest Mathematics Exam Specification: Pearson Edexcel Mathematics.
Focus Activities are theme or topic-based questions that come up a lot in exams:
1 Number - 4 activities
2 Algebra - 5 activities
3 Ratio, proportion and rates of change - 4 activities
4 Geometry and measures - 3 activities
5 Statistics and Probability - 3 activities
Intensive Activities prepare learners for the questions that most often come up on exam papers:
Paper 1 - three “no-calculator” activities
Papers 2 and 3 - three activities each.
The tier of activities is identified as F, H or F+H (where it spans the tiers).
These activities can be used in a range of ways:
- Homeworks - to follow up from lessons.
- Revision - to prepare for assessments or examinations.
- Diagnostics - to find the gaps in learning (with QLA) and support planning of teaching.
You can find these activities either by:
- Selecting Maths and Edexcel as the exam board, then filtering to the Exam Essentials activity type:
- Looking for Exam Essentials in the Catch-up, Maths menus:
...or you can search for ‘Focus Maths’.