We take Data Protection very seriously - especially for our learners.
This article should reassure you that your data is safe with us.
Q. What data do we hold about you?
A. As little as possible:
- Your Name, Gender and Date of Birth - so we can create a unique login for you.
- School reference numbers (Admission Number and UPN) to make sure we don't mix you up with another learner.
- Relevant Curriculum Information e.g. Year Group, Classes and Type Tags used by your school.
- SAM Learning Activity Data - about the work you have done with us.
- (We do not hold your address, phone number, school performance data etc.)
Q. Where do we get this data from?
A. Your school. We only process your data on their instruction. They have received and accepted our Data Protection documentation. (So, if you think we have something wrong, please ask your school to correct it.)
Q. How do we keep your data safe?
A. Any data transfers are encrypted or passworded. Only staff at your school can see your data online - they control who can have accounts.
Q. What else will we use your data for?
- We will never pass or sell on your data.
- We will never use it for marketing purposes. (We will also NEVER use advertisements on SAM Learning.)
- For any large scale analysis projects (like this), we will first anonymise your data.
Q. What control do you have over your data on SAM Learning?
A. On your My Profile Tab, you can opt out of the Leaderboard, as well as becoming invisible to your 'buddies' (classmates). You can also change your gender in SAMWORLD.
Q. What can you do if you are unhappy with the data we hold?
A. In the first place, contact your school - as we receive information from them. If this route doesn't work, please contact us at: email@example.com.
|This article was written with reference to the Information Commissioner's Office.|
Please sign in to leave a comment.