We know that schools are faced with a Year 11 who are no longer focused on their GCSEs - but will be A' Level students next year. You want to keep their work habits live - and their knowledge strong.
- Create Wave 2 groups of your Year 11, as if they were next year's Year 12 classes e.g. "New Y12 Biologists"
- Set GCSE activities relevant to lay the foundations for your Year 12 work
- Use activity builder to make bridging resources into your early Y12 topics
Your new Sixth Formers will have gaps in their learning, from missed time at GCSE. You can set them relevant GCSE tasks to find these gaps and support them in their step up to Post-16.
SAM Learning doesn't actively produce content for Key Stage 5 - but we like to support teachers who want to make content and share it with the community.
We already have folders for A' Level Activities in:
|Mathematics||English Language||English Literature|
|Art and Design||Design Technology||Music|
|Physical Education||Economics||Religious Studies|
|Modern Languages||Engineering||Government and Politics|
You can use Activity Builder to make and share activities for your A' Level Learners too!
Activities you make can include:
- Information pages with images and text
- Sound clips and links to web pages or YouTube videos
- Four different types of questions
If there isn't already a folder for your subject, save activities in the "Other Subjects" folder for now. When you have created at least five, email us to request a folder to be created for your subject.