Importing the SAM Learning Report into SIMS.net 7.105 (or above)
1. Save a copy of the attached file SAM Learning Student Export.RptDef to your desktop (file is attached at the bottom of this article).
2. Log in to SIMS.net 7.105 (or above).
Note: You must be logged in with the appropriate privileges to import reports. Your SIMS System Manager will be able to assist you.
Select Reports and Import from the main menu bar.
3. Click Open at the top right of the Import Report(s) screen.
4. In the Select Report File to Import window, navigate to where you saved the export file (e.g. your desktop) and click on the file SAM Learning Student Export.RptDef.
Click Open to load the report.
5. Ensure that the checkbox next to SAM Learning Student Export is selected, and click on Import. The report status will change to Imported. Select the Close button to exit the Import Report(s) screen.
Running the SAM Learning Export Report in SIMS .Net
1. Select Reports and Run Report from the main menu bar.
2. In the left-hand Report Browse window, expand Focus and select Student.
3. Scroll down to select SAM Learning Export or SAM Learning Student Export in the list of reports and then click Run. The report will be generated for the whole school. This may take several minutes.
4. When the report has been exported, the message below will appear. Click OK.
5. The data file will be saved onto your Local Disk (C:) and is called SAMStudents.txt, this will be the file you will need to upload.