Administrators will need to upload student data to the SAM Learning platform.
Importing the SAM Learning Report into SIMS.net 7.105 (or above)
- Save a copy of the file SAM Learning Student Export.RptDef to your desktop. This file can be found in the 'Profile' section of our website. You need to log in using the admin account.
- On the home page, click on 'Profile' (in the top right of the screen).
- Click on 'Annual Set-Up of Your Learners'.
- Click on 'Export Student Data From SIMS.net'. This will take you to the final screen, where you can download the file you need.
Make sure you save the file outside the zip folder. If you don’t, SIMS will not detect the file and you will be unable to import the document into SIMS.net.
- Log in to SIMS.net 7.105 (or above).
Note: You must be logged in with the appropriate privileges to import reports. Your SIMS System Manager will be able to assist you.
Select 'Reports' and 'Import' from the main menu bar.
- Click 'Open' at the top right of the 'Import Report(s)' screen.
- In the 'Select Report File to Import' window, navigate to where you saved the export file (e.g. your desktop) and click on the file 'SAM Learning Student Export.RptDef'.
Click 'Open' to load the report.
- Ensure that the checkbox next to 'SAM Learning Student Export' is selected, and click on 'Import'. The report status will change to 'Imported'. Select the 'Close' button to exit the 'Import Report(s)' screen.
Running the SAM Learning Export Report in SIMS.net
1. Select 'Reports' and 'Run Report' from the main menu bar.
2. In the left-hand 'Report Browse' window, expand 'Focus' and select 'Student'.
3. Scroll down to select 'SAM Learning Export' or 'SAM Learning Student Export' in the list of reports and then click 'Run'. The report will be generated for the whole school. This may take several minutes.
4. When the report has been exported, the message below will appear. Click 'OK'.
5. The data file will be saved onto your Local Disk (C:) and is called 'SAMStudents.txt'. This is the file you need to upload.